WHO WE ARE
The Boys & Girls Club of Cabarrus County serves 2,000 youth each year and continues to be at the forefront of youth development, as it has been for 70 years. We are dedicated to ensuring that our community's young people have greater access to high quality programs and services that will enhance their lives and shape their futures. The Boys & Girls Club of Cabarrus County offers an alternative for youth who would most likely be at home alone after school and in the summer with little or no supervision. Our goals are for all youth who are members of the Club to avoid at-risk behavior, experience success in school, be physically active, develop healthy life skills, acquire an appreciation for the arts, and demonstrate a strong commitment to the Club and the community. As we provide youth with the positive alternatives they need, Cabarrus County, as a whole, benefits.
Unique Characteristics of the Boys & Girls Club: Clubs are community-based and building-centered. Clubs provide a safe, affordable place for young people during non-school hours and the summer. Clubs are led by paid, trained youth development professionals.
Boys & Girls Clubs provide young people with:
- A safe place to spend their time as an alternative to the streets or being home alone.
- A chance to play, have fun, laugh, and learn
- Opportunities to build new skills that raise each child's belief that he or she can succeed and receive recognition for personal accomplishments
- Ongoing relationships with caring adults and connections to new friends in a positive environment; reinforcing a sense of belonging, personal accountability, civility, and civic responsibility
- Generation-changing programs that support a commitment to learning, positive values, healthy habits, and high expectations for success as an adult.