Operating within the Afterschool Program, the CLUB is safe place where you can come to hang out, have fun and spend time with friends. The CLUB is a space within the Boys & Girls Club created especially for teens. The CLUB offers resources and programs to create meaningful experiences today as teens prepare a plan for the future. Members of The CLUB also have the opportunity to join the Keystone Club, which involves participation in community service projects, special events, and volunteering inside and outside the Club.
- The CLUB operates weekdays during the school year from 2:30pm - 7:00pm.
- The CLUB is open on designated School Closing Days from 7:30am - 7:00pm. School Closing Days are included as part of the Afterschool Program.
- Members of The CLUB have access to the Teen Center that includes a pool table and game area, multiple gaming stations, a large screen for television and videos, general gathering area, computer stations and designated study rooms.
- Afternoon snack/dinner is provided at no additional cost.
- Only currently registered program members are allowed inside the The CLUB Teen Center.
- The BGC provides transportation to The CLUB after school from Central Cabarrus High School, Concord High School, Northwest Cabarrus High School and West Cabarrus High School. Students in grades 9-12 from any area high school may enroll, however, they must provide their own transportation.
The Keystone Club
- The Keystone Club is a Boys & Girls Clubs of America teen program. Its focus is to provide teens an opportunity to gain valuable leadership and service experience. Teens conduct activities in four areas: academic success, career exploration, community service, and teen outreach.
- Keystone Club members must attend weekly meetings which will be held on Wednesday evenings. They will also be required to complete a set amount of volunteer hours through community service projects, participating in special events, and volunteering inside and outside the BGC.
- Members of The CLUB who wish to also participate in the Keystone Club may do so with no additional fee.
- High school students can enroll in the The CLUB without being required to participate in the Keystone Club.
Registration for the 2024-2025 Afterschool Program will begin July 15, 2024