Exciting News for Teens
We have expanded our Teen program to operate in the same way our Afterschool Program operates. High school students can enroll in the Afterschool Program without being required to participate in the Keystone Club. All high school members will enjoy the benefits of the Afterschool Program and the Teen Center. High School Afterschool Program members will also have the option of joining the Keystone Club which will involve participation in community service projects, special events, and volunteering inside and outside the Club.
High School Afterschool Program
- The High School Afterschool Program operates weekdays during the school year from 2:30pm - 7:00pm.
- The Club is open on designated School Closing Days from 7:30am - 7:00pm. School Closing Days are included as part of the Afterschool Program.
- High School Afterschool Program members have access to the Teen Center that includes a pool table and game area, multiple gaming stations, a large screen for television and videos, general gathering area, computer stations and designated study rooms.
- Afternoon snack/dinner is provided at no additional cost.
- Only currently registered program members are allowed inside the Teen Center.
- The BGC provides transportation to the Club after school from Concord High School and West Cabarrus High School. Students in grades 9-12 from any area high school may enroll, however, they must provide their own transportation.
The Keystone Club
- The Keystone Club is a Boys & Girls Clubs of America teen program. Its focus is to provide teens an opportunity to gain valuable leadership and service experience. Teens conduct activities in four areas: academic success, career exploration, community service, and teen outreach.
- Keystone Club members must attend weekly meetings which will be held on Wednesday evenings. They will also be required to complete a set amount of volunteer hours through community service projects, participating in special events, and volunteering inside and outside the Club.
- High School Afterschool Program members who wish to also participate in the Keystone Club may do so with no additional fee.
- High school students can enroll in the High School Afterschool Program without being required to participate in the Keystone Club.
Registration for the 2022-2023 Afterschool Program will begin July 21, 2022