UPDATE FROM OUR CLUB DIRECTOR
Due to COVID-19 and our priority to keep children, staff and volunteers protected, the Boys & Girls Club of Cabarrus County is closed indefinitely.
Our mission at the Boys & Girls Club is to serve the youth in our community who need us most. When schools closed, we knew closing the BGC was the right thing to do to keep the kids, their families and our staff safe. Now that school has closed for the remainder of the school year, we are focusing on how the BGC can best serve our kids and the community.
We have determined that just as our state will re-open in phases, this is what the BGC will do. At this time, our Summer and Football programs will not be offered as scheduled. You may request a refund for any summer fees you have paid here: https://www.bgclubcab.org/refund-request-information.html
Our plan is to continue our Meal Distribution and Virtual Club programs for youth who were part of our Afterschool Program prior to our closing, who have signed up for our Virtual Club since then or who have already registered for the Summer. There will be no cost to participate for these youth.
Based on recommendations from the Governor, CDC and Cabarrus Health Alliance, additional programming may be implemented during the summer. The groups mentioned above will be able to participate at no cost. Our plans for next school year will also follow their recommendations and the decisions of our local school systems.
We are continuing to work on enhancing and expanding the ways we serve the community and youth during this transition and will have a plan prepared when North Carolina phases schools and businesses back into operation. We will keep you informed through our Facebook page, website and will return messages left at (704) 721-2582.
Thank you again for your understanding. We miss serving your children and look forward to welcoming them back into the Boys & Girls Club.
Boys & Girls Club of Cabarrus County
FREE MEALS FOR STUDENTS
The NC Department of Public Instruction’s School Nutrition division has approved Afterschool and Summer feeding sites such as the Boys & Girls Club of Cabarrus County to continue to serve meals to students while schools are closed due to COVID 19. We will begin making these meals available to our members starting Tuesday, March 17th.
Please review the details below to receive these meals.
- We will distribute BGC meals in a drive through manner in the front parking lot on Spring Street.
- Parents will be allowed to pick up meals for children without their children being present.
- Pick up time will be from 5:30pm to 6:30pm Monday through Friday.
- We will distribute a dinner comparable to what the children receive at the Club each afternoon.
- We will also include a shelf stable breakfast for the next day.
- On Fridays, we will also be able to send home dinner for that night as well as a shelf stable breakfast and dinner for Saturday and Sunday.
- Please note that Cabarrus County Schools and Kannapolis City Schools are also making meals available. Visit their websites for information on locations and times.
On a weekly basis, Program Directors will prepare a “Virtual Club” packet for their age group which will include activities for specific “virtual rooms”. Each packet will include:
- A schedule of activities, with written directions, to be completed by youth on a weekly or daily basis.
- Schedule for youth and parents to initial or sign to verify the child has completed each task.
More Information About Packet Pickups & Enrollment Can Be Found Here:
The Afterschool program and Spring Athletics (Volleyball & Flag Football) have been cancelled. At this time, our Summer and Football programs will not be offered as scheduled. Please complete the form below to request a credit to your account for future programs, donate your program fee to the Great Futures Campaign or be issued a full refund.
We want to make sure we are doing all we can for our members and their families during the current circumstances. We will continue to look for ways we can help. Please continue to be safe and visit the Cabarrus Health Alliance website at cabarrushealth.org for trusted information on the Coronavirus.